Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Garden Seed Storage

This year we decided to try our hand at 'grow your own' veg.  So myself and Lottie claimed a corner of the shed, which become our 'potting plot' and busily set about buying seeds, trays, pots etc.  We have a nice selection of tomatoes, lettuce, herbs, beans, carrots, parsnips, cucumber (to name a few) and we did have a pumpkin but unfortunately this was removed on Lottie's birthday because it was just too big in the garden!  Anyway we have seeds that will keep and I needed a nice storage box for them and this is what Lottie made

She made this out of a box from our recycling stuff and covered it with white labels I then helped her by cutting the top as a flap then she added the handle and decorated it to look like a radio. It sits nicely in our 'potting plot' and the seeds are all cosy inside.

Live, Learn, Laugh and Be HAPPY x x

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for leaving your kind comment on my blog, I remember when my children were small and we always had the glue, glitter and paint out.

    I was a Blue Peter fan too.

    Jan :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jan :) Luckily we have a designated area for all our mess so glitter is always present!

    ReplyDelete